Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bored Baby Story

I wrote this about a year ago.

Okay,
So one time Sam and I were walking down our road, and we were walking walking, counting how many piles of dog plops we could see. Then we heard this noise in the "woods" so we just kept on walking, la di da di da. Then we heard it again, and along with that a little growl, kinda like a... thing in the back of your throat. Oh! Like when I make my demon voice, that's what the noise was. Okay. Getting creeped out we are walking walking, then jumped out of the woods was a RABID RABBIT. Like the Monty Python rabbit, only slightly less terrifying. So there it was running in circles, foaming at the mouth, eyes all popping out. I scream, Sam yelps, and we just stand there staring. Then I start jumping up and down freaking out, and I start running in circles wondering what to do, but then I accidentally kicked it. It went flying back into the woods and Sam and I run for our lives. THEN I fall down, break all of my fingers trying to catch myself. I'm in quite a large amount of pain... and then my eyes open.
I turn over, it's 4:50am, and "Movin' Out" by Billy Joel is playing on the radio. And in 25 precious minutes I have to get out of bed.
Ugh. What a horrible dream*.

*Not a real dream.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh gosh...! That's a pretty good story. I believed it. Up until the "kicked the rabbit" part. I can imagine you running in circles waving your arms about and wondering what to do. Berry cool! :+)

Luisa Perkins said...

SO. Funny. Must. Breathe.

Mary said...

Yeah I know. That part is the most like me. It's pretty amazing.