Friday, October 5, 2007

Wait! Stop!

I DON'T LIKE HOT DOGS! Just so everyone knows. Unless I'm starving at a Jubilee rehearsal, I will not eat a hot dog. Don't give me a hot dog (or a veggie dog.... hot veggie?) I will NOT eat it.
I also do not like pickles.* Don't give me a pickle for Christmas.**
If anything else comes up then I'll have to make a list of everything I don't like. I don't want to do that. It would be a very long list.
So people, please, use your better judgement.

*I had a slight over usage of the word pickle.
** People, being confused by my love of the WORD pickle, thought I loved pickles. Thinking I would like a pickle for Christmas. For their sake, it's a good thing they didn't do it.

9 comments:

marialuigi said...

I just had hotdogs for dinner...delish!

Melissa said...

I too am not a fan of the hotdog, though a pickle is frquently welcome.

I love the word "alacrity" and use it as often as possible.

Unknown said...

Aren't hotdogs made of pig intestines?

I love hotdogs a whole lot but pickles are OK. I have to be in the right mood to like them.

Anonymous said...

When Christian was four years old and we had gone fishing in the Uinta mountains, as family tradition required, we stopped at Dick's Drive-in on the way down to have a hot dog. Now Christian had just started eating hot dogs, but only like them plain. Before I knew what happened, the girl behind the counter had put all sorts of stuff on it - including chopped up PICKLES - When I brought it out to Christian, he began to cry, saying "Dad, how could you let them do that?!?" Thinking quickly, I scraped the stuff off - Presto! Smile restored! Christian still likes his hot dogs plain. But the point is, he still likes them, and so do I, because they are GOOD.

Luisa Perkins said...

Well, dang it! I was going to get you two things for your birthday: a package of corn dogs and a package of deep-fried pickles. Now I have to re-think everything.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
I came.
I read.
I laughed.
Success is yours.
Love Sis H

Luisa Perkins said...

Mary, I tagged you for a meme today on my blog. Let me know if you have any questions.

marialuigi said...

BEAN!
POST!
SOON!

Lauren said...

I remember those days. The "I wish I had a pickle" song is still a vivid memory.

HaHa christian. Aren't hotdogs made of pig intestines?

Classic