Monday, February 25, 2008

Did you miss me?

Sorry I've been away. I've been busy? So yeah.
What happened to me over the break and other stuff:
  • My glasses will never be fixed. The guy "fixed" my glasses. Then I put them on my head and they broke again. We take them back to the store, and a different guy fixes them. And they break. Don't go to BJ's for your glasses.
    As for the actual glasses man, I hope I never see him again. Basically he was really bored because not only was he a glasses man, but he was a matchmaker too! The worst part was when I had to tell him my number... backwards. I had to tell him ####-###-(###) I had to say dash and all that stuff. I wanted to die.
  • I got a snake! It's a baby corn snake that I got from PetCo. It's white/orange/red and it's a girl. I haven't figured out a name yet. Any suggestions would be LOVELY.
  • I have a lovely cold/flu/pneumonia/strep and I'm living off of Airborne Gummies and cough drops.
  • I think the stake choir did a very nice job. Except for the till we meet song. Everyone kind of sang there own version of that. I could have sworn the congregation thought we were crazy. It didn't sound much like singing. More like mur-mur-ing. (mur mur mur mur)
  • My room is only half a mess.
  • I can't wait until the next break. When is that?
  • There might be snow/sleet tomorrow.
  • When I type it's doing this weird overlapping thing where if I have to go back and change a word it deletes what I did after that.
  • I have a terrible but wonderful memory. I can remember what I was for Halloween 8 years ago, but I can't remember what happened on Friday.
  • Seminary is WAY too early.
  • I'm always less sick during the day than in the morning and bedtime.

That is all.

8 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

The choir DID do a good job; I was proud of you all. I was making faces at Sis. F. for totally different reasons (we still think we're teenagers).

Feel better!

marialuigi said...

Bean!
I've missed your little post-ages! The name of your new snake?
I love naming things. Here are a few suggestions:
Bunny
Mad Dog
Malicious Tadpole
Fifi La Boof
Lolita Smith
Azalea
Grand Pubah
Corn
Cobby
Niblet Van Snakerhausen
Angela
and, last but not least, Wet Wipe.
(The last one because snakes always seem king of slimey to me.)

I'm intrigued by your matchmaking glasses guy. I would like to hear more about that...did he want you to find someone for him? Was he going to find someone for you? Did he sing "Matchmaker" in falsetto whilst fitting your glasses? More info please!

Torie Hamilton said...

Seminary *is* way to early.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi! I really like your blog! I'm from Spain. Congratulations!
Best wishes, from Dreamer

Anonymous said...

1. If seminary were not early, it would not be called "early morning seminary." We could have it a 9 am., a respectable time, but who could come?
2. The Stake choir did an excellent job, all songs included. Well, at least the altos did. I don't know about the sopranos; they tend to be unreliable.
3. How about Snakey?
Sis. M.
PS. We miss you at our way too early morning seminary.

Lauren said...

I did like the choir too. Sister H. asked me what the two of us were writing about, and why we would crack up whenever we looked down at the congregation. I told her we weren't having staring contests with complete strangers and we weren't writing things to make each other laugh, and we weren't laughing at each other's muffled laughs.

I don't think she believed me.

Elizabeth said...

My top snake name choices:

1. Coral
2. Artemis
3. Azalea


Regarding the weird glasses man:
I have been pondering this and I think that it might be nearly impossible to describe the true strangeness of the encounter (or, in my case, 'encounters' since I am the one who had to keep taking the glasses back to try to get them fixed.)
Have you ever had a sales person or health care professional make a supposedly funny reference or joke about you? You give them a pity laugh and then let it go and move on with the business at hand.
Well, the glasses man never let it go. He went on and on and it built and built until we weren't sure if he was serious about anything he was saying and just wanted to leave as quickly as possible.
He introduced himself as a matchmaker and moved on to saying he had a French horn player who was independently wealthy. By the end he was talking about the wedding being in Australia. I still can't relate how odd it all was and I have started to block out many of the details.
Alice was there. She can verify this.