Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Amazing

I love looking at notebooks that I had used for school. The books from elementary school are pretty hilarious. So I was reading a notebook from 5th grade and came across this:


Stand tall, stand proud

Voices that care are crying out loud

And when you close your eyes tonight,

Feel in your heart how our love burns bright.



So now I think that I was a kid genius. This is one of the most amazing things that I have ever written. Then I start to think about it, and think it might be a little too brilliant. So I type the whole thing into Google, and I come up with the lyrics to "Voices That Care".

You can imagine my disappointment.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Awwwwww. I'm so sorry for you. I was pretty awestruck at your geniusness, so I was dissapointed as well by your discoveries. It's still pretty great, though, that you recognized those words as "awesome" and wrote them down at such a young age. Ahhhhh...

With a Y said...

Thats so depressing and love looking at all my old note books too. I always ask my mom if my hand writting was really that bad.

AppleBrown76 said...

I found this so hysterincal that I had to share it with Grandma who is sitting at her computer while I'm sitting at Grandpa's computer. I read it out loud and we both chuckled out loud.

That was a very Jack Handy-esque blog entry.

Keep 'em coming!

P.S. When are you guys coming up to visit?

P.P.S. Would you ever be interested in highlighting your hair and if so, would your parents allow it?

P.P.P.S. I hope you come up soon, because I could really use a good spa day and I need a good spa partner.

Luisa Perkins said...

I thought those words looked familiar....

Elizabeth said...

I also found this hilarious and had to read it out loud.

I am amazed at your near-brilliance.