Saturday, September 22, 2007

Oh look!

I now remember that I wanted to put some of my poems on the blog.
I wrote this poem last year. We were given a plethora of objects, and had to choose one to write a poem about. I chose the lemon.

Is it magic,
how you turn something so sour,
into something oh so sweet?
To turn a little lemon,
into a delightful treat?
To take a bunch of lemons,
and turn it to lemonade?
This magic is so wonderful,
we should throw a big parade.
The people who work this magic,
should win a Nobel prize.
Because these things we eat so much,
are really lemons in disguise!
Hmm. I've written better. Like this one! I wrote this one right before I went to girls camp.
I don't like long trips, I don't like them one bit.
That's just too long, for having to rest and sit.
I get a little car sick, and a bit anxious too.
These long car trips are hard to get through.
So for this whole thing, you're gonna have to wish me good luck.
For I have a feeling I'm going to up-chuck.
Don't get me wrong, this is all very fun.
But I'll be glad, when this is all said and done.
I'll be back on Saturday, too tired to stand.
My hair all messed up, and a bag in my hand.
I'll go straight to bed, never wishing to wake.
I won't even wake up, if there is an earthquake.
I have to get going now, away to my death.
I can't think of a next line that goes with death.
Ha ha ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa, I can't think of a line that rhymes with Death... lol.
Mi Favorito. Mas, Por Favor.
-Jessica-da-awesomnesst

Luisa Perkins said...

Nice job!

I have a cool rhyming dicitonary that you are welcome to borrow, if you like. But poems don't HAVE to rhyme, as I'm sure you know....

Mary said...

Oh yes I know. I've actually written some rhymelss poems. But they are a tad sad. And VERY long.

Unknown said...

you were a poet and you didn't even know it. I really like those poems.