Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Never Get Attached

Today my English teacher told the class that she was going to be leaving very soon.

Last year my first English teacher was pregnant and was going to leave in about three months. She left, and the next teacher came in. She was here for about four and a half months. Then she left because she wouldn't be able to work at our school next year and she got a better job in the city. So teacher number three comes in and teaches for the rest of the year.

Evaluation: Overall year was actually pretty good. No homework. At all.
1. She was okay. She was a little boring, and had a mushy gushy mind. (Due to baby in belly?)
2. My least favorite. She was way too into the creativity stuff. Draw this, draw that. And the one book that we did read while she was teaching us was Fahrenheit 451. We didn't even finish the book because every single day we debated about television.
Don't get me wrong, I love to debate, but she was very bad at understanding. Not much depth. (Harsh?)
3. My favorite. She was down to earth, understood our situation, and was lenient because we had a "rough year".

Now this year my first teacher was pregnant and stayed for about three months. She then left and my current teacher comes in. She now says that she is leaving because she won't be able to teach here next year, so she can get a better job someplace else.

Evaluation: Not as good as last year.
1. Crazy. (I have English first period.) Way too loud and obnoxious. And is obsessed about dehumanization. Grades critical lens essays by how you define the quote. Crazy.
2. Better. She is a better first period teacher and understands my point of view. Grades critical lens essays by how you support your definition of the quote. (The correct way.)

Unbelievable.

5 comments:

Blank said...

My Math teacher became pregnant half way through the year.

Neo said...

same here. we are in the same school.

Blank said...

Also, thanks for putting my blog link on your blog! That was really nice!!

Luisa Perkins said...

Let's face it, M. The REAL reason all these teachers are leaving is because of YOU.

(Kidding, kidding.)

Blank said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA